I found this little idea on the make and take blog about a month ago. We've been using it since the girls started school and I've saved myself so much misery during the morning time routine. The girls actually carry their sticks around and when they complete it they come and put it in the jar upside down. Once all of their sticks are back in the jar and no color is showing then they are done getting ready for school. As with all other great ideas, I'm sure this one will only last so long and then we'll have to come up with something else to motivate them. But for right now it's working great and I don't have to tell them every five minutes what to do next to get ready for school. Oh...the joy I feel when Emma Grace is putting on her shoes and socks and I never said a word.
Each child has their own color. Even Charlie has sticks but they just say "Charlie".
Here are the things that are written on our sticks:
-make bed
-clean room
-get dressed
-put pajamas away
-eat breakfast/DISHES
-brush teeth
-shoes & socks
-fix hair
-fill water bottle

1 comment:
I will have to keep this idea in mind when my kids are in school. I like it.
Post a Comment