Thursday, February 19, 2009

questionable canning roasts...


I've been canning chicken for a while now and have really seen the benefits...saving money, chicken ready to go into recipes(time saver). So I thought that the next time roasts went on sale, I would try it out. You know...it might be good for beef enchildas, stroganoff. Roasts were on sale at safeway last week for 1.79 a pound(I might be a little off on my cents there). I bought several roasts and canned a little bit.

And I thought the chicken didn't look so great canned....hmmmm...not so sure I'm going to be able to open this up and shred it and eat it. We'll see!

5 comments:

Diana Waite said...

I promise it YUMMO!! The roast is actually my favorite.... Just when you open it scrap off the excess fat, and toss it! Just think, it's much healthier! :)

Mommy2MollyandWill said...

Actually looks like something from our old Science Lab, but I'm sure it's great! LOL Let us know how it turns out!

once upon a poppy said...

my mom and i canned london broil 3 yrs ago and i opened one up last week and it smelled so good. the fat the rests on top is kind of gross but it sure was yummy!

Dawn said...

Roast is my favorite as well. LOVE to make tacos out of it!

Give it a try - you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Miralyn said...

well, kind of looks funny, but from the other comments sounds like it will be good. It is fun learning though.