Tuesday, December 16, 2008

800 miles



It felt wonderful to complete my 800th mile this morning! Todd woke me up at 5:00 and said, "ready to go running?". I looked at the clock and said, "have you lost your mind?". Thank goodness for his motivation some days. We ran at a pretty moderate pace the whole time until the last 3/4 of a mile. Then I told Todd I was taking off. I ran as fast as I could. I had to make that last mile count. It felt great!! This picture was actually taken in February when we ran our first half marathon. We probably looked about the same this morning when we went running. Thanks Todd for helping me make my goal...you're the best!

Of course, I'm not going to quit running but it will be nice to move on to some other fitness goals for 2009.

Set goals and you can do anything!!

8 comments:

Beckie said...

can i just say, wow. you are inspirational... and you make the rest of us look bad. :) no seriously, you are queen!

msfears said...

Way to go, Liz!

Sarah Norton said...

I seriously can't believe you really did it!!!! You are AMAZING!!!!!!

Stephanie said...

That is awesome Liz!!! That is alot of miles. Good for you!

Jennie Blaser said...

I'm so proud of you! You are amazing! Now, you can start coming to Soul Grooves -- Tuesday at 9:45. I won't take no for an answer!

eBay said...

I want to come to soul grooves too!!! Sounds fun. Liz you are awesome. I wish I could say that you inspire me to do the same. Alas, I have run all the miles out of my legs. Got nuthin left. :) Good job!

Gary said...

Congradulation Liz. that is awesome. I am very proud of you.

Miralyn said...

Congratulations. When I grow up, I will be just like you!